Thursday, July 12, 2012

Home...Clean...Home

Truth be told, my house is not clean.  Two teenagers help keep an ever evolving clutter pile of paintball, scouting, camping, computing, gaming and clothing things all over.  We're working on picking up as we go.  I've found two sources that help me make home cleaning a more manageable project.

The first item that holds weight is my Home Routines App.  It follows, roughly, the ideas behind Fly Lady with having a different "Zone" per week to work on.  I find it extremely helpful to have the tasks already there and on my phone for easy check off.  It keeps paper clutter down.  You can edit the tasks by adding or subtracting different cleaning chores based on your home.  You can find more information about this app at http://www.homeroutines.com/.



The second item I love is a book by Stephanie O'Dea "Totally Together Shortcuts to an Organized Life". She writes an easy week by week way of making sure those "fun" cleaning tasks get done.  I take the items she lists for the week and input them onto my HomeRoutines app.  I can use the ideas year after year.  It's my go to book for what can I easily do this week to make my home a cleaner place.



I hope you find these two resources helpful.  Let me know if you have good home routine ideas I could try.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the totally together journal! wonderful--- thank you for your kind words.
    I hope summer is going well for you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Drop me some words.