Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's Done...No, not yet!.....Ok, now it's ready...No, no not yet....Finally, It's DONE!

I tried a new recipe.  I was super excited about it because it had all the ingredients of a wonderful dish.  One main ingredient, Tater Tots, my husband loves, so I was eager to serve it.  My recipe called for a one hour cook time.  It smelled delicious at the 1 hour mark.  I took it out, called everyone to the table.  It looked wonderful.  I scooped out the first portion and noticed that the chicken was still raw.  At that point, I put it back into the oven for another 30 min.  Time passed and I took it out again.  Sure that it was done, I called everyone to the table again.  Scooping cautiously this time, I saw it.  Raw chicken.  This time I was determined.  I scraped off some of the hash browns to revile the chicken.  I put it back into the oven and put it on Broil.  I figured, if 500 degrees can't cook it, nothing will.  After about 10 min. on broil and the edges started to get crispy I put the temperature on 375 and set the timer for 40 min.  I went outside to read a magazine.
Over 2 hours later from my first "sit down for dinner" time, it WAS ready.  It WAS good and everyone loved it.  My son said that the anticipation of the dinner made it all the more good.  Smiling...I sighed and came up with the fix for next time.  I'm pre-cooking the chicken before I put it into the casserole.  Below, I'm posting the recipe I used.  Let me know how yours turns out.

The Country Cook


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Drop me some words.