Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pretty Coasters

Coasters are one of those household items that doesn't get much "lime-light" in the decorating world.  These coasters, I made for Christmas presents last year.  They were super easy to do and did not take long to make.  I was able to customize them for each family according to their decor.


I'm leaving you a link for the blog I got this from, here.

There are a few things I did to make them in bulk.  I used my Cricut Machine to cut out the circles.  Super Easy!  I bought the clay pot dishes at Hobbly Lobby with a coupon.  Super Cheap! I used the same color paint spray that Suzy used on her blog. After traveling to Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart looking for the paint, I found it at Walmart for the cheapest price.

**This is Key:  Don't use newspaper under the clay disks to spray paint them.  It sticks!!!  My friend, Heather, suggested wax paper and it worked brilliantly.

Be patient with the dry times.  I wrapped mine with a ribbon and gave them out at Christmas.  Everyone loved them.  My mom wants some in a bigger size to hold her larger cups.  I'll work on that project soon.

Now, on Pinterest there are several coaster ideas.  I'm going to list a couple of links below.

Coaster 1

Coaster 2


I hope these links give you a good start on making some fun and memorable gifts.  Be sure to look on my Pinterest board for more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Drop me some words.